FIGURE SKATING AT CHAPARRAL ICE
ARE NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE!
SKATERS MUST BE PRE-FREE SKATE OR HIGHER
TO SKATE ON FREESTYLE SESSIONS!
Please be aware of the following updates to our freestyle sessions:
- The Wednesday evening freestyle is now 6:10-7:10 p.m.
- The Advanced Purchase and punch card price for Regular Length freestyles is now $13/session. This discounted rate is available for advanced reservations before the 25th of the preceding month, and for skaters purchasing a freestyle punch card. Walk-on rate is $15/session.
- The Advanced Purchase price for Extended Morning Sessions is now $22/session. This discounted rate is available for advanced reservations before the 25th of the preceding month, and for skaters purchasing a freestyle punch card. Walk-on rate is $24/session.
- The Saturday 7:15-8:15 session will be a "High Freestyle" reserved for skaters in Preliminary and up (Axel-up). The 8:15-9:15 session is for all skaters in Pre-Free Skate and up.
- All sessions, both Extended and Regular, are limited to a maximum of 25 skaters on the ice at a time. You must reserve in advance to guarantee a spot on the session. Walk-ons are not guaranteed a spot on any session.
Please contact your coach or Kathy Goeke to determine which freestyle is appropriate for your skill level.
SCHEDULES FOR CURRENT MONTH: Freestyle session schedules for the current month are available here, or by clicking "Schedules" in the Quick Links box to the right.
APRIL FREESTYLE SESSIONS: Extended-length morning sessions are $22 with advanced reservations (by Feb. 25), $24 walk-on (no punch card option). Regular Length sessions on Wednesday evening and Saturday morning are $13 with advanced reservation or punch card, $15 walk-on. A limited number of paper reservation forms will be available by request at the front desk as we transition to the paperless/electronic system. Please be aware a $5 service fee will be charged on all paper forms for going forward. April 2017 reservations are due by Saturday, March 25, to qualify for pre-sale discounts.
ONLINE FREESTYLE RESERVATION POLICIES
Deadline for pre-sale discount prices is the 25th of the month prior to the sessions you are reserving. Sessions may still be purchased online after the 25th but will be charged the walk-on prices of $24 and $15.
All skaters must sign in at front desk and sessions must be paid for before taking the ice, whether reserved online, by phone, or in person.
There are no refunds, credits, or cancellations, except in the case of long-term illness or injury, request for which must be accompanied by a doctor’s note.All sessions are purchased in their entirety -- no partial payment for partial sessions.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ORDERING ONLINE:
- Click on the link below to access the reservation website. Two types of session options will be displayed: Freestyle Extended Morning (generally M-F 5-9 a.m.) and Freestyle Regular Sessions (generally Wed. eve., Sat. morn.) Choose the month, and the type of freestyles you would like to reserve. You will then be prompted to log in or create an account.
- A calendar will appear with check boxes for each of the available sessions. Click the check boxes to add the sessions, then click “Confirm Selection” at the top of the page.
- A box will appear prompting you to add the name of the participant(s), then you may click “Add to Cart”. A calendar will appear with all of the sessions you have selected. You may now remove sessions, complete purchase, or continue shopping to add more sessions.
- NOTE: If you wish to add a different kind of session (i.e., Regular Sessions instead of Extended Sessions), click “Continue Shopping”, then click “Sessions” to return to the main freestyle session menu.
- After you click “Complete Purchase” you will be prompted for payment.
By purchasing these sessions online, I agree to abide by the freestyle safety guidelines and the Code of Conduct for Figure Skaters and Parents. I understand that failure to abide by these rules may result in me or my skater being asked to leave the ice or the Chaparral Ice facility.
LIABILITY WAIVER FOR ONLINE PURCHASES:
By purchasing these sessions online, I agree to the following:
Ice skating involves certain inherent risks, dangers, and hazards which can result in serious personal injury. The skater and/or skater's parent or legal guardian assume and accept all risk of injury while in the Chaparral facility. All skaters agree to abide by the posted Skater's Responsibility Code and acknowledge that all skaters skate at their own risk. At all times the skater and/or the skater's parent or legal guardian shall be fully liable for personal injury and property damage incurred while on the premises. And, the skater and/or the skater's parent or legal guardian agree to hold Chaparral, its officers, agents, and employees harmless against any and all liability for claims, demands, and causes of action asserted against Chaparral arising from skater's use of the facilities or otherwise, upon the premises.
In case of illness or accident, Chaparral Ice has my approval to secure, at my expense, such medical attention as is deemed necessary if Chaparral Ice is unable to contact me.
BY CLICKING BELOW AND PURCHASING FREESTYLE SESSIONS ONLINE,
I AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE POLICIES ABOVE
FREESTYLE PUNCH CARDS: Punch cards are valid for Regular Length Sessions only, $13 per punch. Cards are stored electronically by Chaparral and may be purchased online here, or in person at Chaparral. A 15-punch card is $195; a 25-punch card is $325.
WALK-ONS: Reservations by phone are available at 512-252-8500 ext. 9 for walk-on spots on any session. You may reserve with a credit card for any session, or with a punch card for Regular Length sessions. Extended weekday morning walk-ons are $24 (no punch card option). Wednesday evening or Saturday morning sessions may be reserved as a walk-on ($15), or with a punch card. Your card will be punched immediately or your credit card charged, and there will be no refunds for unused reservations.
OTHER FIGURE SKATING OPPORTUNITIES
PRIVATE LESSONS: Private lessons are a great idea for skaters who may be having trouble mastering skills, or for those who wish to advance faster or compete. For private lessons, our coaches set their own rates and schedules. Private lessons for skaters in Snowplow 1-4, Basic 1-6, Adult 1-6, and Pre-Free Skate are booked during our daily public sessions. Skaters in Free Skate 1 and above may choose to take privates during public session or private freestyle sessions, depending on the schedule chosen by you and your coach. For more information on private lessons, please contact Kathy Goeke, Director of Figure Skating, at 512-252-8500, ext. 125.
FINDING A COACH --- HIRING A PRIVATE COACH --- CHANGING COACHES
For more information on Synchronized Skating in Austin, please go to www.starsofaustinfsc.com
Camp de Champs is a skating training camp designed for skaters age 6 and up in Basic 1 through Free Skate 6.
For information on upcoming competitions, visit the U.S. Figure Skating website at http://usfsa.org/event_listings.asp
Custom skate repair for figure skaters:
For high level figure skate sharpenings, mountings, and other repairs, please contact Glen Goeke.
OFF-CAMPUS P.E. CREDIT: Chaparral Ice supports the middle- and high-school off-campus physical education programs of several local school districts for our hockey and figure skaters. Please contact your district administration for more information.
Director of Figure Skating
Kathy Goeke - email@example.com
512-252-8500, ext. 125